What a fantastic idea. Small bare bones computer, ideally for school use.
What is a Raspberry Pi (RPi)?
It’s a computer.
It can do almost anything any other computer can do:
- Office-type stuff: word processing, spreadsheets, presentations etc.
- Programming-type stuff: you can write your own programs on it.
- Control stuff: you can control things like robots – anything with flashing lights, sensors and motors – RPi can handle it.
- It can link to the Internet for browsing, email etc.
- It can play videos – the output is High Definition – 1920 x 1080 pixels.
No, it doesn’t run Windows or Microsoft Office – it doesn’t need to.